Ruth graduated in Theatre Studies and Actor Training, Bristol University (2006). She is a co-founder of ‘Our Stories Make Waves’ Bristol collective for artists of African Diaspora heritage; a co-founder of Breathing Fire, the UK’s only black women’s playback theatre company.
Ruth has written for, performed in, produced and directed various productions. She works locally, nationally and internationally delivering interactive theatre with Breathing Fire in numerous settings, and runs extensive training in a range of interactive theatre techniques.
Ruth also sings with Bristol Choral Society. She is excited to expand her repertoire wider with Black Women Let Loose Theatre Company.
- “More! More! More! Fantastic”
- “Exceptional show and performance. Huge thanks and congratulations to all the amazing women involved. Thanks to sponsors too. Deserves to be seen by many."
- “Great variety of Pathos and humour. Such a joy to watch”
- “Excellent, lots of diverse emotions. Real. You should go on tour. Consider taking to schools. Thanks”
- “10, This was fantastic; capturing the complexities of identity, the good and the bad. Stunning.”
- “Wonderful. Really nourishing/enriching. Fabulous celebration.”
- "Very intimate, informative, personal & thought-provoking."